BacT/ALERT® 3D Microbial Detection Systems
Get innovation in septicemia diagnosis for any size laboratory with the BacT/ALERT® 3D automated microbial detection systems
No compromise: performance, flexibility, workflow & safety
Intuitive, easy-to-use system requires little training
Recovery of a wide range of organisms
Unique shatter-resistant plastic bottles maximize safety
BacT/ALERT® Culture Media
Provides an optimal environment for the recovery of a wide range of organisms, including bacteria, fungi and mycobacteria
- Flexible media recovers organisms from many sample types from blood to sterile body fluids
- Colorimetric technology and sophisticated algorithms minimize false negatives
- Standard and specialized Fastidious Antimicrobial Neutralization media available
- Shatter-proof plastic bottles maximize safety without compromising performance
Colorimetric detection outshines other technology
With colorimetric detection, BacT/ALERT® culture media offers you sophisticated technology that outshines the rest. Specialized Liquid Emulsion Sensors (LES) at the bottom of each culture bottle visibly change color when the pH changes due to the rise in CO2 as it is produced by microorganisms. BacT/ALERT® 3D instruments measure the color changes every ten minutes and analyze the changes. Sophisticated algorithms, including a unique “threshold” algorithm, ensure early detection of micro-organisms. Even when bottles are delayed in transit, the visual color change helps you potentially identify positive bottles prior to entry into the system. That’s how you can be assured of accurate detection and rapid recovery of microorganisms from various sample types.
- Technology and sophisticated algorithms help minimize false negatives due to delayed entry
- Low false-positive rates
- Visual, irreversible color change
Flexible media delivers reliable recovery
BacT/ALERT® culture media offers a comprehensive range of media bottles to ensure the rapid recovery of a wide variety of microorganisms including bacteria, mycobacteria, fungi, and yeasts. From various sample types including blood, sterile body fluids and sputum, BacT/ALERT® culture media can detect 98% of isolates within 72 hours*.
- FDA-cleared for blood, sterile body fluids and platelets
- Recovers a wide range of microorganisms
- Specialized bottles for mycobacterium recovery
- Fastidious Antimicrobial Neutralization media optimizes recovery for patients on antimicrobial therapy
*Bourbeau PP and Pohlan JK. Three days of incubation may be sufficient for routine blood cultures with BacT/ALERT® FAN® blood culture bottles. J Clin Microbiol. 2001; 39(6): 2079-82.
New FAN® Plus media: optimized time to detection and recovery
Our next generation Fastidious Antimicrobial Neutralization Plus media (FAN® Plus) offers optimized time to detection and recovery. FAN® Plus bottles provide even clearer Gram stains and new Adsorbent Polymeric Beads offer antimicrobial neutralization.
- Optimized Microorganism Recovery
- Reformulated media provide a robust environment that encourages microbial growth for bacteria and yeasts
- Effective organism growth in blood and sterile body fluids
- Growth performance guidelines under delayed entry conditions
- Optimized Time To Detection
- Effective antimicrobial neutralization provides better environment for organism growth and detection
Safety & efficiency: trust the pioneer in plastic collection bottles
bioMérieux was the first to introduce revolutionary multilayer plastic bottles. Made of unique polycarbonate material, their triple-layer design ensures appropriate environment for recovery of microorganisms. These shatter-resistant bottles significantly improve safety in the laboratory by eliminating accidental spills, potential biohazard exposure and glass cuts. Because they weigh less, these bottles have the added benefit of reducing shipping and disposal costs. And – as numerous studies have shown – the bottom line is that you get all these clear advantages while still ensuring optimal performance in recovery and time to detection.
- Shatter-resistant bottles reduce potential for biohazard exposure
- Up to 2/3 lighter than glass
- Cost-effective storage, shipping and disposal
- Multi-layer, gas-impermeable design maintains aerobic or anaerobic environments
- Adapt to a variety of protocols and enable pneumatic transport without a special container